Health Tip: Medication for Children
(HealthDayNews) -- Medication errors can occur at any age, but the consequences can be most grave when the mistake involves a child.
Here are some medication safety tips, courtesy of St. Louis Children's Hospital:
- Always read the label before each dose, regardless of how many times you've given the medication.
- Never measure doses or administer medications in the dark.
- Use the appropriate measuring device.
- If a liquid medication comes with a dose cup, don't assume your child's dose is the full cup.
- Use your child's weight, not his age, to determine the dose.
- Only give a prescription medication to the child for whom it was prescribed.
-- Felicity Stone
Copyright ï¿½ 2004 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.